~ crosscountry skiing ~ downhill skiing ~ skiing ~ dogsledding ~ luging ~ skating ~ snowmobiling ~ ice fishing ~ snowshoeing ~ snowball fights ... and getting warm beside the woodstove after a day of playing outside.
Come and stay in a Haliburton work of art...
Nestled in a mature maple forest, our Haliburton classic home projects from the ridge overlooking Head Lake, just a few minutes away from the centre of the town of Haliburton.
Superinsulated, wood heated in winter, spring and fall, forest cooled in summer, Maple Arbour is an example of how existing dwellings can be reworked to live lightly on the earth.
What you'll find here
- The covered balcony is a great spot to relax in the cool breezes rising up the ridge.
- The spacious interior has been beautifully refinished using sustainably harvested FSC-certified wood (cherry flooring and pine trim) and low-VOC finishes.
- A large dining/living room/kitchen area surrounds a European-style masonry heater and bakeoven.
- Lots of large opening windows on all sides makes you feel like you're part of the forest canopy.
- Open-concept common area is perfect for family gatherings
- Easy level layout, no stairs at entry, facilities all on one floor make Maple Arbour ideal for people with restricted mobility.
- Radiant heated bedroom and bathroom floors.
- Well-equipped kitchen, DVD, CD sound system, wireless internet.
- gas BBQ
- Only 3 km road distance to the centre of Haliburton.
- Sleeps 6 - 8 people
- 3 bedrooms
- One large bedroom with an ensuite bathroom, a queen bed and a double bed.
- 2 bedrooms with queen beds, one 3-piece bathroom.
Haliburton School of the Arts students will find Maple Arbour to be a particularly convenient and relaxing space to recharge at the end of a day's work.
~ $1375 per week (Sunday to Sunday) *
~ $ 530 per weekend (Friday and Saturday nights) *
* for groups up to 6 people
Check our calendar for availability
Contact us for other rates.